[mythtv-users] Matrox Millennium G400 MAX

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Mon Oct 4 18:04:18 UTC 2010

> best, by a long way. There was also a request on the dev list whether
> there were users of the G400 that I havent seen a reply to... the
> upshot of it is that G400 support may well be removed shortly.

If you mean in the past few weeks, wasn't that me?

> A low budget (but perfectly adequate) graphics card will set you back
> $40 in the US (an nvidia GT220 card) and about £55 in the UK
> unfortunately.

I've found all sorts of cards for under a hundred, just wanted to see if I could get something on hand working first.

> I understand your frustration. I use TV Out on one frontend but use
> dvi or hdmi whereever I can and plan to replace the tvout asap... it
> just isnt up to playing high quality media... you can even tell the
> difference with DVD rips.

That's an interesting mention you make. Again, maybe I'm not getting the full picture of myth.
My original hope was to build a server, which is able to consolidate inputs from multiple sources.
I basically wanted to put all of those sources onto some sort of pvr so that I could record things, review later, the usual reasons one wants a PVR for. I've posted about the setup I've got and what I was trying to achieve then someone started frustrating me telling me I'm not trying things on my own so decided to give up, or at least take a break.

I'm not blaming myth in any way at all, just trying to understand how I can use it, hoping to see it in action, wanting to find a solution to a problem.
Sometimes, the only real way to 'get it' is to have a little hands on experience.