[mythtv-users] Matrox Millennium G400 MAX

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 17:49:56 UTC 2010

Mike,

It has been well discussed on this forum that nvidia cards work the
best, by a long way. There was also a request on the dev list whether
there were users of the G400 that I havent seen a reply to... the
upshot of it is that G400 support may well be removed shortly.

A low budget (but perfectly adequate) graphics card will set you back
$40 in the US (an nvidia GT220 card) and about £55 in the UK
unfortunately.

I understand your frustration. I use TV Out on one frontend but use
dvi or hdmi whereever I can and plan to replace the tvout asap... it
just isnt up to playing high quality media... you can even tell the
difference with DVD rips.

I dont know what your linux experience is... it may well be a linux
issue, in fact it sounds like it is. I understand that this doesnt
take you much further forward but like a previous poster said you need
a stable & working linux environment before blaming Myth. Myth just
sends info to the graphics subsystem which deals with all the screens
the same way, its invisible to myth whether it is a vga, dvi, hdmi or
tv-out.