[mythtv-users] Matrox Millennium G400 MAX

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Mon Oct 4 17:29:23 UTC 2010

> But what do I know, I'm only a Myth dev.

Robert, I'm not trying to imply that you don't know anything, just saying I'm trying to get some hands on, using a reasonable budget.
I seem to jump into everything I touch with both feet, spend tons of money and it sits on the shelf if it doesn't suit my needs. Most people try to use what they have on hand and that's what I'm trying to learn to do :). I have too many half started projects that I've spent money on and never used.

It just gets frustrating when people reply 'get the latest and greatest hardware', things like that. Not trying to be cheap, just sick of wasting good money. I threw out an entire large bin of hardware last night, sick of looking at it, projects I had bought hardware for and never used.

It seems to be working fine, ATSC wise, but I'd love to see a GUI on TV to get the fuller experience.
I'll try to find a newer card and give myth another try and not give up too quickly.