[mythtv-users] Matrox Millennium G400 MAX

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Mon Oct 4 16:19:17 UTC 2010

I can't justify spending any more money on myth unless I can see it running using what I've got so this is kinda my last shot at it after leaving it along for a week or so.

I'm trying to get TV out on myth, all of the other basic things work including OTA.
I tried getting the nvidia card I have working and wasn't able to and after losing interest, I decided to give it one more shot using an old G400 I've got. I read that the G450 doesn't work, which I have, so didn't try that.

Here's where I'm at.

# dmesg| grep matrox
matroxfb 0000:01:00.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ 16
matroxfb: Matrox Millennium G400 MAX (AGP) detected
matroxfb: MTRR's turned on
matroxfb: 640x480x8bpp (virtual: 640x26214)
matroxfb: framebuffer at 0xE2000000, mapped to 0xe0880000, size 33554432
matroxfb 0000:01:00.0: putting AGP V2 device into 1x mode
platform mga_warp.0: firmware: requesting matrox/g400_warp.fw

I downloaded the matrox_driver-x86_32-4.4.0 drive from the matrox site and am trying to install that, but cannot, again.
I'm running mythdora, used the DVD to install and it is fully updated.

When I try to install the matrox driver, I get;

   Matrox Linux Driver Install Script
Please enter the full path to your current X11R6 directory:
Example: /usr/X11R6

ERROR: The X11R6 path could not be found. Please make
       sure that an X server is installed.

I've tried installing everything I can find a references to by searching for the problem but nothing has worked.

yum groupinstall "X Software Development"
yum groupinstall "X Window System"
yum groupremove "X Software Development"
yum groupinstall "GNOME Desktop Environment"
yum install xorg-x11-server-Xdmx xorg-x11-server-Xvfb xorg-x11-server-common xorg-x11-xinit-session
yum install xorg-x11-drv-mga

All or most of which I've also uninstalled since.

What in the heck am I missing???