[mythtv-users] Matrox Millennium G400 MAX

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 16:24:41 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 9:19 AM, mike at grounded.net <mike at grounded.net> wrote:

> When I try to install the matrox driver, I get;

>   Matrox Linux Driver Install Script
> Please enter the full path to your current X11R6 directory:
> Example: /usr/X11R6

> All or most of which I've also uninstalled since.
>
> What in the heck am I missing???

I'm not certain that these binary drivers would support anything even
remotely resembling a modern kernel or XOrg.  Most telling is the fact
that it uses /usr/X11R6 as the default dir-- meaning preceding XOrg...
These binary drivers are probably for a kernel and X server many, many
years old and are highly unlikely to work on modern distributions.

I just went and looked at the driver on the matrox site-- it's four
years old.  Virtually no chance of this working on anything released
in the last few years.

In short, if you want a modern DVR running on a modern distro, you
need modern hardware.  If using an 11 year old video card is your
requirement to try out Myth, Myth may not be for you.

Robert