[mythtv-users] Failed recordings

Steve Smith st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 16:03:33 UTC 2010

Ok that makes sense i'll investigate more. However in the general case
i think it'd be good if myth included some resilience.
Ideally it should monitor the recordings and restart those that fall
over (up to x number of times). My script is ok but it's a bit me a
blunt instrument. I suspect my prob is down to the Ubuntu upgrade or a
deteriation in signal quality but i'd still expect myth to be more
rugged than this by now.

On 10/4/10, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>   On 10/04/2010 10:46 AM, Jonathan Larson wrote:
>> Steve---I just recently posted about similar behavior
>> (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/454321#454321). I've
>> got 10 PVR-150s in 4 Debian boxes running 0.23.1, and occasionally one of
>> the BE's will mark a recording as started, but nothing is written to disk,
>> and the BE process has to be restarted in order for the recording to
>> 'end'.
>>
>> Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any common thread between the
>> failed recordings which would lead me to a solution.
>
> It's almost always a case of the capture device failing to provide any
> information for MythTV to write to disk--i.e. system/driver/hardware
> problem.
>
> Mike

Sent from my mobile device