[mythtv-users] Failed recordings

Steve Smith st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 22:12:18 UTC 2010

On 3 October 2010 15:09, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:
> Steve Smith wrote:
>>
>> This problem is getting worse, particularly when there are multiple
>> recordings starting at the same time. Has anyone else noticed this?
>
> I have not.  Though, currently I'm using a PVR-500 and a HD-HomeRun
>
> Doug
>

> --
> Ben Franklin quote:
>
> "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary
> Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Thanks Doug. Hmmm, what could be wrong I wonder? Anyway I now have a
script that detects when recordings aren't growing and restarts the
backend if it detects it. It's not pretty, or clever, but hopefully
it'll improve the WAF until I can find a proper solution.

Seriously has no-one ever encountered recordings that start OK then
terminate for no apparent reason without the backend detecting it? (
This used to happen rarely on 21, but on 23 it's pretty regular).