[mythtv-users] Merging two master backends

Tapani Tarvainen mythtv at tapanitarvainen.fi
Fri Oct 1 15:18:52 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 10:28:15AM -0400, Raymond Wagner (raymond at wagnerrp.com)
>  On 10/1/2010 10:14, Niels Dybdahl wrote:
> >However as you need to transfer the whole contents, it is probably
> >easier just to make a sql dump of the recorded table and read it
> >into the other backend. Afterwards you will probably need to
> >rebuild the seektable (there is information somewhere on how to do
> >that).

I think it's easier to dump the recordedseek table than rebuild it -
or is there something machine-specific in there?

> There's that table, and recordedcredits, and recordedmarkup, and
> recordedprogram, and recordedrating, and recordedseek, and
> oldrecorded.  Of course you really should be recovering your
> channels to match up with the recording too, so that means channel
> and videosource as well.

For the present purpose I think I can do without that, and maybe
without oldrecorded and recordedrating as well. If I understand
correctly, oldrecorded is only needed to avoid re-recording same
program so it's not critical, although dumping it along the rest
doesn't cost much, and I don't care about ratings - indeed,
recordedrating seems to be empty in both machines anyway

> Recovering recordings is not a simple process, and there is a lot of
> data you need to produce to do it properly.

Right. Let's see: if I dump

recorded
recordedcredits
recordedmarkup
recordedprogram
recordedseek
oldrecorded

and edit them to change hostname fields and read them into the other
backend, it should mostly work.
Channel ids may be wrong but it shouldn't really hurt (?).

Anything else?
Do I need to worry about things like recgroup or playgroup?
(It would be easy enough to set them to 'Default' - indeed
mostly that's what they already are.)

--
Tapani Tarvainen