[mythtv-users] local and remote frontend connection

Nicholas Magers Nicholas.Magers at lpma.nsw.gov.au
Tue Nov 30 17:50:37 UTC 2010

I'm running mythbuntu 10.10. A new installation. In the process of trying to enable multiple frontend access something broke. Now if I set 'localhost' in the frontend (running on same machine as backend)  and backend the frontend works. But if I set '192.168.1.10' it does not and either do the other remote frontends. In the mythfrontend log I see

2010-11-30 20:48:08.703 MythContext: Connecting to backend server: 192.168.1.10:6543 (try 1 of 1)
2010-11-30 20:48:08.703 Connection to master server timed out.

And mysql db is

mythtv

%

database-specific

ALL PRIVILEGES

Yes

<http://192.168.1.10/phpMyAdmin/server_privileges.php?db=mythconverg&token=f991e0442b0cd400051140677bd9848f&goto=db_operations.php&username=mythtv&hostname=%25&dbname=mythconverg&tablename=>

mythtv

192.168.1.%

global

ALL PRIVILEGES

Yes

<http://192.168.1.10/phpMyAdmin/server_privileges.php?db=mythconverg&token=f991e0442b0cd400051140677bd9848f&goto=db_operations.php&username=mythtv&hostname=192.168.1.%25&dbname=&tablename=>

database-specific

ALL PRIVILEGES

No

<http://192.168.1.10/phpMyAdmin/server_privileges.php?db=mythconverg&token=f991e0442b0cd400051140677bd9848f&goto=db_operations.php&username=mythtv&hostname=192.168.1.%25&dbname=mythconverg&tablename=>

mythtv

localhost

database-specific

ALL PRIVILEGES

No

<http://192.168.1.10/phpMyAdmin/server_privileges.php?db=mythconverg&token=f991e0442b0cd400051140677bd9848f&goto=db_operations.php&username=mythtv&hostname=localhost&dbname=mythconverg&tablename=>

To save what little hair I have left please help.

Regards, Nick

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the Land and Property Management Authority. This email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.