[mythtv-users] Video schema conflicts 0.24+fixes

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 21:13:03 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 1:33 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>  On 11/29/2010 01:42 AM, Mike McMullin wrote:

>>> MythVideo schema needs updating.  Let it do it.
>>
>>   I let the front end upgrade the back end schema?  (Last time that
>> happened it was big trouble for 3 days, and that included an new install
>> for the back end.)
>
> No.  You let it update the MythVideo /frontend/ plugin schema.  There is no
> such thing as backend plugins, so all plugin data/schema is frontend.

I think the confusion is that

(1) there is only one database

(2) usually the database resides physically on the backend (although I
know it doesn't have to) and is seen by many as an integral part of
the backend.

(3) it seems strange to many people that the database schema is
updated by both the backend and the frontend, essenttially in two
bites.