[mythtv-users] NAS Hibernation

dargllun dargllun at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 28 08:59:21 UTC 2010

Am 27.11.2010 22:19, schrieb malcolm:
> I use it most often for music, videos. Photos are very rarely used as
> I've never found mythgallery very satisfactory.

Well, the browser is a bit limited. I don't really need a sample image
of each sub-folder, a simple directory browser would probably be better.
Is there one and I just haven't found it?

> for the record my /etc/auto.master config file, has only one entry
> /mnt /etc/auto.red --ghost
>
> 'ghost' creates empty directories of the mount points listed in the
> configuration files. This prevents the directories from being removed
> when they are unmounted. I find this useful.
>
> where auto.red contains
> * 192.168.0.8:/Qmultimedia/&
>
> which means that all the directories under 'Qmultimedia' are mounted in
> corresponding directories under /mnt when needed.
> For example /mnt/pictures

Seems to work fine - on a freshly booted system, with the frontend up,
the pictures nfs mounted is not yet mounted. It is mounted when I enter
mythgallery, which is what I wanted.

Thanks
greg