[mythtv-users] Digital passthrough not working after upgrading from 0.23.1 to 0.24 fixes (ubuntu 10.10)

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 05:17:44 UTC 2010

On 28 November 2010 16:00, Oz Dror <odror7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am not an expert on audio but It seems to me that when I select 5.1
> speakers mythtv does the decoding of the digital audio v.s. passing it
> to the receiver to decode.

What else did you expect to select?

You say it's not working, I'm just wondering what would make you think
that to start with.

MythTV doesn't do the decoding when you check passthrough; once again,
if it did, you wouldn't have 5.1 audio with a spdif connection because
the only way to get multi channels audio over spdif is using
passthrough