[mythtv-users] Firewire Recording via RNG-110 not working

Jeff Bryner jeff at jeffbryner.com
Fri Nov 26 22:47:45 UTC 2010

I can confirm this box does work..matter of fact it's the only comcast
box that has worked reliably for me.

My setup:
Distro: gentoo 2.6.32-gentoo-r7

mythbackend --version
MythTV Version   : 27077
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-23-fixes
Network Protocol : 23056
Library API      : 0.23.1.201000710-1
QT Version       : 4.6.3
Options compiled in:
 linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_backend using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_glx_proc_addr_arb using_hdhomerun
using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc
using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus
using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc
using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg

I manually applied these two patches to get it to recognize the PACE RNG110:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/25608
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8601

libraries:

emerge -s libiec61883 libraw1394 libavc1394
*  media-libs/libiec61883
      Latest version available: 1.1.0
      Latest version installed: 1.1.0
      Size of files: 358 kB
      Homepage:      http://www.linux1394.org
IEEE 1394 bus
      License:       || ( LGPL-2.1 GPL-2 )

*  sys-libs/libraw1394
      Latest version available: 2.0.5
      Latest version installed: 2.0.5
      Size of files: 379 kB
      Homepage:      http://ieee1394.wiki.kernel.org/
1394 bus
      License:       LGPL-2.1

*  sys-libs/libavc1394
      Latest version available: 0.5.3
      Latest version installed: 0.5.3
      Size of files: 347 kB
      Homepage:      http://www.linux1394.org/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libavc1394/
(Audio/Video Control) Digital Interface Command Set
      License:       LGPL-2.1

I'm not using the 6200ch program for channel changing, just native myth.
I was priming the firewire manually, etc,etc, but the changes applied
above seem to have fixed my issues.

Hope it helps!

Jeff.