[mythtv-users] Firewire Recording via RNG-110 not working
davatar at comcast.net
Mon Nov 1 04:57:50 UTC 2010
This is my experience as well. Addition debugging found that that
mythbackend is looking for signal lock by verifying a proper PAT/PMT table,
which it cant find. Using "dvbsnoop -s ts -if file.m2t |grep PID" on the
transport stream captured by test-mpeg2 shows that the bulk of the packets
have a 3rd PID which looks invalid (0x1fff). The stream seems perfectly
playable so I don't know if the check is just unnecessary, as mplayer plays
it just fine.
I'm using a patch right now to rebuild these two tables so that mythbackend
will get a lock, and it seems to be working as it looks like I'm getting
perfect video. Don't know why it's not in the main source tree.
From: "Jens Holzhaeuser" <Jens.Holzhaeuser at gmx.net>
Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2010 1:13 PM
To: <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Subject: [mythtv-users] Firewire Recording via RNG-110 not working
> I believe my firewire setup in the OS (Linux, kernel 184.108.40.206, debian
> is correct and working, however MythTV (tags/release-0-23-1, debian
> is not recording (0 byte files). Haven't found any helpful hints in the
> list archive or by general googling. The STB (RNG-110) seems to supply
> a valid MPG stream via firewire.
> Setup Details:
> - single myth FE/BE, has been working for years fine with
> Clear QAM via pcHDTV5500 (LiveTV, recording), and still
> does now after setting up the firewire device.
> - Comcast supplied RNG-110, setup with P2P; firewire_tester
> reports success consistently, test_mpeg2 works consistently
> in creating mpg files that mplayer plays just fine (so no 5c
> flag, at least for the channels I tested with), all tested with
> mythtv user (no permission problems).
> Followed pretty much http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/FireWire for all
> of that.
> - mythbackend set up with the device, connected to video source,
> channels imported, mythfilldatabase, no problem here.
> - I tried setting the STB up in the backend as a "generic" device,
> and changing channels with 6200ch (works), 100 and 400 Mbps.
> As well per another post I found as a DCT6200 with no channelchanger
> script (works, too), and 400Mps.
> Problem: Mythtv changes the RNG-110 to the right channel (confirmed)
> and starts recoding (so it says), but I end up with 0Byte files in
> LiveTV and scheduled recordings. LiveTV OSD shows "partial lock" only
> and no video. Different Mbps settings make no difference.
> Some (hopefully) relevant backend logs (-v important,channel,record),
> set up as a 6200, are attached to this email.
> The file Mythtv is recoding does exist, but it is and stays empty:
> -rw-r--r-- 1 mythtv mythtv 0 Aug 15 12:32 5062_20100815123258.mpg
> I am thinking I am probably missing something obvious, but I have no idea
> at the moment what. Any pointers appreciated.
> Thanks a bunch,
> MythTV Version : 0.23.1
> MythTV Branch : tags/release-0-23-1
> Network Protocol : 23056
> Library API : 0.23.1.201000710-1
> QT Version : 4.6.3
> Options compiled in:
> linux release using_oss using_alsa using_pulse using_jack
> using_pulseoutput using_backend using_directfb using_dvb using_firewire
> using_fribidi using_frontend using_glx_proc_addr_arb using_hdhomerun
> using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3
> using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus
> using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc
> using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
> using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live
More information about the mythtv-users