[mythtv-users] MythFontManager unable to load fonts

Matt W mwood23 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 07:49:10 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> Then you have fontconfig, so the only other thing I could imagine (if the
> files are good and readable), is a broken Qt (such as one compiled without
> fontconfig or using some other (broken/incompatible) fontconfig install on
> your system).

hmm that is quite possible as I did compile my own Qt (no => Qt4.5
pkgs available for Debian 5/Lenny that I found)

 *  -fontconfig ........ Compile FontConfig support.
                            Requires fontconfig/fontconfig.h, libfontconfig,
                            freetype.h and libfreetype.

well wellee.  looks like I have everything but the include files for
fontconfig. ok i'm off to recompile that.  er while I sleep of course
:)

thx for the pointers I hope this is the issue!

-Matt