[mythtv-users] Problem setting up a recording

Derek & Cindi Cass cass at casscoenterprises.com
Wed Nov 24 00:25:31 UTC 2010

Hi all, I am having an issue trying to schedule the Patriots/Lions game this
Thursday.  When I search for New England Patriots, I am given three channel
choices, channel 3, 105, and 1105.  Channel 3 is SD, channel 105 is listed
as HD but is actually SD, and 1105 is the HD channel.  Naturally, I want the
HD broadcast.

The problem comes in when I select the broadcast on channel 1105.  Using
mythweb, I select the listing and go to the scheduling page.  Once there, I
select "Record only this showing" and click the update button.  When I go to
the Upcoming Recordings screen, it shows channel 105 instead!  This will
record the game in SD, not HD.

Interestingly, in schedules direct channel 105 is disabled and has been
since I setup my listings last May.  Yet I have channel 105 listings in
mythweb.  I've tried unscheduling and rescheduling several times, but it
always comes up with channel 105 even though I have selected 1105.

Any ideas how I can troubleshoot and fix this?

Thanks,

Derek