[mythtv-users] Backend crashing since adding Freesat source

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sun Nov 21 13:12:34 UTC 2010

On 20/11/2010 20:05, Richard Morton wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a single mythtv backend running with a q6600 processor with 2 2Tb
> drives for storage and a seperate drive for the os inc db.
>
> In it is a
>     peak dvb-t dual tuner pci card
>     Hauppauge dvb-t dual tuner nova t 500
> And
>     Hauppauge nova s2
>
> I am running .23 on ubuntu and i dont have stability issues. I have
> recently increased number of simultaneous recordings on the satellite
> card to 2, no ill effects yet although i reduced number of simultaneous
> user jobs to 1 to try and prevent too much hdd load (at the moment
> recordings all go to a single drive).

Thanks, this is just what I was looking for: someone with it all working
nicely. My system is mostly ok. All the scheduling is working fine, and
- other than when the backend crashes - the recording are fine, playing
back perfectly on my ION-based frontend under vdpau. The problem seems
to be to do with any handling of BBC HD and BBC1 HD on the backend.
libx264 seems to get really confused. My backend logs are full of x264
errors. This messes up preview generation and the building of the index.
The unsuccessful index building, means that any attempt to jump back
or forward with the left and right buttons is hopeless: jump back 5 secs
usually jumps me miles forward. Also bookmarks don's work, taking me
miles forward from the correct location. The preview generation is
a bigger problem too, because I think that is what crashes the
backend.

Do you see anything like this? What version of libx264 do you use?
Maybe that's my problem.

Cheers,
	Paul.