[mythtv-users] how many people have upgraded to 0.24?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 18:01:33 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 12:57 AM, Paul Wilson
<mylists at wilsononline.id.au> wrote:
> I know my MythTV box is a critical piece of infrastructure  so I have to be
> a bit cautious about any changes, so I'm thinking a week is a reasonable
> time to wait for the dust to settle.
> I haven't see too many critical problems posted on the list, (right?) so I
> think I will upgrade this weekend.
>
> Any other people upgraded? I know most people who post are having small
> issues, but it would be good to hear positive feedback along with what type
> of system and country.
> eg DVB-T, AU etc..
>
> BTW thanks Devs..
>
> Paul

I've upgraded as well, and while I have one minor issue, JYA is hard
at work attempting to solve it, and as of now it is not a show stopper
for me.

I have a dedicated backend with two ClearQAM PCI tuners, two cable
boxen connected via firewire, one in a group with an HDPVR. this
machine has six SATA 500GB drives for recordings and a dedicated OS
and database drive.

For frontends, I have two ION boxes, one is a Zotac HD11, the other a
Foxconn, both are first generation ION dual-core Atom systems. I also
have a system based on an Athlon64 X2 4000+ with a GT220 card for HDMI
output, this is the main house system, the other two are bedroom
frontends. There are also three Macbooks running frontends.

So far the only hiccup has to do with ALSA on the system with the
GT220, something JYA is looking into, the other systems all work fine
with both HDMI and SPDIF output.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!