[mythtv-users] how many people have upgraded to 0.24?

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Fri Nov 19 11:42:08 UTC 2010

On 15 Nov 2010, at 05:57, Paul Wilson wrote:

> I know my MythTV box is a critical piece of infrastructure  so I have to be a bit cautious about any changes, so I'm thinking a week is a reasonable time to wait for the dust to settle.
> I haven't see too many critical problems posted on the list, (right?) so I think I will upgrade this weekend.
>
> Any other people upgraded? I know most people who post are having small issues, but it would be good to hear positive feedback along with what type of system and country.
> eg DVB-T, AU etc..

Another successful (so far) one here, UK Freeview & Freesat, NovaT500 dual DVBT, 2x Nova S+ DVBS, Nova HD-S2 DVBS2, Satix S2 dual DVBS2, 5x sata disk 6TB recordings. Slave BE (NFS recording), slave FE with 1GB GT220 using HDMI audio. Ubuntu 10.04 & slave Ubuntu 10.10, both 32bit, 0.24 from Avenard repo, this morning.

Had to upgrade nvidia driver on backend (runs a fe for tests) as fe exited immediately with a "Failed to create OpenGL painter" error, updating to nvidia-glx-260 allows it to run but it sometimes sticks with a black screen coming out of video playback, it's a 7600 card so not really surprised or bothered about fixing it.

Main frontend runs fine, much less fanart flickering (reloading) going through the menus in Arclight, almost gone now. New OSD menus seem a little sluggish, will investigate that later.

Upgraded for more reliable AC3 behaviour and hopefully not having huge logs full of h264 errors.

Only gotcha was going from mythbuntu nightly builds to Avenard repo, not all packages upgraded automatically but was pretty obvious which ones were held back and apt-get install fixed them.

Thanks for all the work, much appreciated.

Andre