[mythtv-users] 0.24 recording troubles

Eloy Paris peloy at chapus.net
Wed Nov 17 20:38:01 UTC 2010

Hi Ryan,

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 02:49:58PM -0500, Ryan Patterson wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Eloy Paris <peloy at chapus.net> wrote:
> > I think I got to the bottom of my issue -- in mythtv-setup, where one
> > adds the HDHomeRun tuners to the configuration, in the menu "Available
> > Devices" one can choose "manually enter IP address", and then enter IP
> > address of HDHomeRun and tuner to use, or one can select from a list of
> > auto-discovered devices. I have always used the manual method (enter
> > IP addr. and tuner) but it seems like if one configures the HDHomeRun
> > device manually in 0.24 things don't work and Myth never uses tuner 1
> > . . .
>
> For what it is worth I manually configure my (two) HDhomerun's in
> mythtv-setup using the MAC address not the IP address.  I have not
> seen the issue that you are reporting.  I'm running myth 0.24-fixes on
> ubuntu 10.10 manually compiled.

How do you manually enter a MAC address? Do you mean choosing "enter a
static IP address" in the "Available Devices" menu and then entering a
MAC address in the field where one would normally enter an IP address?
If you actually mean this then I did not try this method to configure a
HDHomeRun in Myth since I wasn't even aware that this was possible (and
there isn't a "use a MAC address" option that I can see).

If you mean that you choose a device like "10194703-1" from the
"Available Devices" menu then you are using an auto-discovered device,
and that is the configuration that works in 0.24. The pre-populated
"10194703-1" entry in the "Available Devices" refers to a device ID, not
to a MAC address, although the "0194703" in the ID do coincide with the
last 3 octects of the HDHR MAC address.

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-