[mythtv-users] Can't grab Freesat HD channel listings

Paul Raison paul at raison.org.uk
Mon Nov 15 13:42:42 UTC 2010

On 15 Nov 2010, at 13:27, Paul Gardiner wrote:

> Thanks. I'm still not sure what to do, but that has to be it. I created
> a new source. I think that's correct, isn't it?: if I tried to use just
> one source, then myth would get confused about which tuning info to use
> for the two cards.  But I hadn't realised that the '1' in my command
> was the source id.
>
> What's the correct thing to do. I could set up a second file Freesat.xmltv, and do a second grab for source 2, but is there
> a way to avoid reading some channels twice?

Creating a new source is correct, I have two sources, one for Freeview and one for Freesat. First things first, change the 1 to a 2 in the command you are running and confirm that listings for Freesat are loading, it will complain channels not being available because you are grabbing Freeview listings from xmltv.

Personally, I have created two xmltv config files, one for each Freeview and Freesat. As you say, you will read some channels twice, but this is a relatively small price to pay. The alternative is to direct xmltv output to a file containing all channels and use this file as the input to mythfilldatabase with the --file option.

Regards

Paul Raison