[mythtv-users] Can't grab Freesat HD channel listings

Paul Gardiner lists at laser-point.co.uk
Mon Nov 15 13:27:19 UTC 2010

On 15/11/2010 12:35, Paul Raison wrote:

> On 15 Nov 2010, at 12:27, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>

>>> My grab command is:
>>>
>>> "tv_grab_uk_rt --quiet --config-file
>>> /var/lib/mythtv/.mythtv/Freeview.xmltv | mythfilldatabase --update
>>> --file 1 -"
>>>

>>  From what I see on the net of other occurrences of this error, it
>> comes from mythfilldatabase, not the grabber. I do have lines in
>> the channel table with id matching these. I guess mythfilldatabase
>> checks some other place for their presence.
>>

> mythfilldatabase does check if the id's are in the database for the source id given. On the command you have given above, you are trying to load listings into Source ID 1. You also stated, that you added the Freesat channels to an existing Freeview setup. Did you add the Freesat channels to source ID 1 or did you create a new Source? In which case, could it be Source id 2?

Thanks. I'm still not sure what to do, but that has to be it. I created
a new source. I think that's correct, isn't it?: if I tried to use just
one source, then myth would get confused about which tuning info to use
for the two cards.  But I hadn't realised that the '1' in my command
was the source id.

What's the correct thing to do. I could set up a second file
Freesat.xmltv, and do a second grab for source 2, but is there
a way to avoid reading some channels twice?

Cheers,
	Paul.