[mythtv-users] HDPVR & Mythbuntu & Bell Satellite Channel Change Script

Andrew C. Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Sat Nov 13 20:15:24 UTC 2010

On 11/11/2010 1:39 AM, Thomas Paine wrote:
> I am just getting a new box running mythbuntu. I have picked up an
> HDPVR and have it successfully recording and viewing live tv on the
> box.
> I'm trying to get the channel change working.
>
> I looked at the wiki on the hdpvr and it talks about patching to get it to work.
>
> Does anyone else have this working on a similar config (bell 6131 HD
> satellite) and the HDPVR?
>
> I'm under the impression that I can use the remote that came with it
> to control the device, and it also includes a blaster to change
> channels on my STB?
>
> I'm not pro with mythbuntu. My linux knowledge is mostly on Redhat /
> Fedora / Centos.
>
> Thanks.
Any luck yet?  I just got in from a 4 day trip, or I would have replied
sooner.  I'm not using the hd-pvr ir blaster as I had an existing
commandir unit which was working, so I can't help there.  If you look at
the wiki/search the archives, there are instructions on getting the IR
in the HDPVR working.

The 6131 uses the exact same IR commands as must of Bell's earlier
satellite boxes, which is also the same (or close enough to make no
difference) as some of the dishnet boxes, so the following config should
work for you:
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/dishnet/301_501_3100_5100_58xx_59xx

HTH,

Andrew.