[mythtv-users] Need help to setup iMON remote and VFD on Fedora 14

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat Nov 13 17:55:52 UTC 2010

On Nov 12, 2010, at 5:58 PM, Ben Kamen wrote:

> On 11/12/2010 4:53 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>> On Nov 12, 2010, at 2:54 PM, Andrew Junev wrote:
>>> Can you advice me about VFD as well? I'd like to get it to work
>>> with lcdproc. I have the following configuration for imon module:
>>>
>>> options imon display_type=1
>>
>>> From the driver:
>>
>>         /* SoundGraph iMON OEM LCD (IR&  LCD) */
>>         { USB_DEVICE(0x15c2, 0x0038) },
>>
>> Pretty sure that's an LCD, not a VFD. Generally, overriding the
>> display_type is a Bad Idea, unless you're 100% positive the
>> driver is getting it wrong. But every single 0x0038 device I've
>> seen to date is an LCD, not a VFD.
> I have a VFD that I needed to force to type=1 to get it happy.
>
> It's pretty old. (like 2005)
>
> It's still chugging away!

I'm not aware of any imon devices that aren't properly auto-detected
and configured for the right display type with the latest driver. But
it was only within the past year that this became the case. Anyone
with a device that *isn't* auto-configured is highly encouraged to
speak up so that the driver can be updated such that it *is*.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com