[mythtv-users] Need help to setup iMON remote and VFD on Fedora 14

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Sat Nov 13 19:09:00 UTC 2010

On 11/13/2010 11:55 AM, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Nov 12, 2010, at 5:58 PM, Ben Kamen wrote:
>> I have a VFD that I needed to force to type=1 to get it happy.
>>
>> It's pretty old. (like 2005)
>>
>> It's still chugging away!
>
> I'm not aware of any imon devices that aren't properly auto-detected
> and configured for the right display type with the latest driver. But
> it was only within the past year that this became the case. Anyone
> with a device that *isn't* auto-configured is highly encouraged to
> speak up so that the driver can be updated such that it *is*.

I updated my system to LinHES 6.01 maybe almost 1.5yrs ago (IIRC, I could be off a little) and I just did a straight install (not attempting to upgrade).

I had problems with the VFD (which I bought back around end of 2005) and I remember in my futzing with it - forcing it to a VFD was one of those things that seemed to help get it working reliably -- and so I didn't think about it much since.

But I do remember it not working "out of the box" without me tweaking a little or at least forcing it to a known state.

(shrug)

So I'm speaking up - as requested. :D

  -Ben

--