[mythtv-users] Is it worth while to stop/start mythtv nightly?

James Thorpe james at pawsforthorpe.co.uk
Mon Nov 8 08:46:15 UTC 2010


On 05/11/2010 13:43, Brent Bolin wrote:
> I recently started doing a cron job that stops and starts mythtv nightly -
>
> ...
>
> Or if it's not necessary at all.
>
> Any input?
On a similar note, and one I keep meaning to bring up on here but never 
seem to get round to it...

I find that after a few days use, I HAVE to restart my frontend - it 
just gets too slow to use - menu navigations (even just going up and 
down on a single menu) take some time, and waiting for live tv / a 
recording to start even longer.  I've seen the same behaviour from 0.22 
through to 0.23-fixes - whenever I think about mentioning it, there's 
always a new release around the corner that I hope might fix whatever it 
is - in this case 0.24!

Has anyone else seen this behaviour at all?  It's running Mythbuntu 
(currently 10.04) on an Acer Revo.

Cheers,
James.


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list