[mythtv-users] Tuning to BBC News / radio channels on Freesat

George Poulson george.poulson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 15:22:05 UTC 2010

On 7 November 2010 14:49, Stephen Bridges <widget at stdin.co.uk> wrote:

> Does anybody else have this problem with the Nova S?  Or have the multiplex
> with BBC News and the DVB radio channels somewhere else?

I have two Hauppauge Nova-S2 cards (so admittedly not identical to yours)
and if I do a 'tuned scan' in Myth I can get BBC News plus a whole long list
of BBC and independent radio channels.

Out of interest .. how are you telling Myth to tune to a specific
frequency/polarisation/fec etc?
One (minor) difficulty I always have with Myth's handling of DVB-S is having
to always carry out a tuned scan when I just want to add one or two new
channels and I know all of the tuning settings! I know a bit of SQL and
would be happy to hack at the database if only I knew what to change.

George