[mythtv-users] Sky EPG

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Sun Nov 7 13:20:20 UTC 2010

On 7 Nov 2010, at 12:55, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:

> On 6 November 2010 23:57, Andre <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Not currently, I've often wondered if this could be done.
>>
>> There is GPL code here for a VDR plugin that worked well when I tried it a year or so ago.
>>
>> http://lukkinosat.altervista.org/
>>
>> Andre
>>

> Thank you.
> It looks quite good.
> I will try to port it to work with myth once I get some other myth bits fixed.

Wow, I just posted in the vague hope that someone might go "um yeah, maybe one day".

I had a skim through just in case it turned out to produce something xmltv compatible but it's way beyond my basic  nix plumbing ability.

Seems Sky Italy use this method too, I suspect Sky Germany (was Premiere) will too, they are bringing in their Sky box (as UK) as mandatory for new customers so I'm sure they will want to "standardise" their service in as many ways as possible. I'm sure there are many more providers who use Open TV, so called because it's closed!. ;-)

Andre