[mythtv-users] Using WiiRemote with MythTV

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 02:56:15 UTC 2010

Have just been experimenting with using my WiiRemote with MythTV and I
must say it worked *way* better than I expected - actually quite useful
for basic viewing. Once you map the wii remote keys to more useful
keyboard commands, such as "ESC", "P" etc its very usable.

There's a good guide for ubuntu at:
   https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CWiiD

I've added to the guide there:

- Removing the root priviliges requirement for wminput
- Auto starting wminput with X

if any ones interested.

Additionally - I installed my all time favourite game, "Riven" using
wine. Its looks totally awesome on the 42" plasma with 5.1 surround
sound cranked up and is easily playable with the wii remote. Much nicer
relaxing on my couch, dog on lap, beer in hand taking in the awesome
visuals and ambiance of Riven, than playing it on a LCD at my desk.

--
Lindsay
http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home