[mythtv-users] Weird tuning failure

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Thu Nov 4 02:18:10 UTC 2010

On 11/03/2010 07:07 PM, freedenizen wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I do read commit messages, but I didn't know that "Make the recent
>>> buffer changes threadsafe.  Thanks to natanojl on IRC." was at all
>>> related to my problem.
>>
>> Likely not, but the ticket closure on one ticket, and the other user
>> in this mailing list...  with the identical issue... :)
>>
>> Oh and the ticket (#9168) which precipitated the changes :)
>>
>> Anyways, try an update.
>
> I'm updating now, thx.
>
> Looking back at #9168 I can see with the help of Capt. Hindsight that
> it is related but at the time I didn't put two and two together.
>
> As for the other user with the issue, I did look and even now I can't
> find the thread with the same issue.  I appreciate your assistance,
> just don't want you to think I didn't try to help myself first.
> Granted, maybe I should have updated to the latest trunk before
> anything else...

I suspect he is referring to the thread with this title:
branches/release-0-24-fixes [27071] has broken shutdown & wakeup behavior!

Sometimes a bug can cause many different symptoms. Sometimes a bunch of bugs can all have the same symptoms and therefore all
look like the same bug.
Both of these situations seem to lead to friction between developers and users since they are both looking at the same problem
but seeing different things.