[mythtv-users] [Bulk] Jamu and Fedora 14

Duncan Brown mythtv at duncb.co.uk
Tue Nov 2 21:14:44 UTC 2010

On 02/11/2010 20:38, Doug Vaughan wrote:
> Duncan,
>     It must be the specific xml python library you have installed.
> Here is what Ubuntu 10.4 shows:
>
> > python
> Python 2.6.5 (r265:79063, Apr 16 2010, 13:57:41)
> [GCC 4.4.3] on linux2
> 41660
> >>>

> So far no one else has reported this issue with trunk or 0.24_fixes.
> Tough for Jamu to ensure that the proper python libraries are
> installed when a library does not have a way to report its version
> number.
>
> I had heard a very long while ago that there was an alternate xml
> library that would resolve this issue. Unfortunitely that was so long
> ago that I do not recall any more details.
>
> Maybe you can look for a newer/alternate xml python library for your
> distro.
>
> Doug

Hi Doug

That's fair enough, was only testing really.

Its not surprising no one else has reported as F14 was still in beta up
until today. Unless something changes this is apparently how F14 will
arrive on release and for a lot of people will be the starting point for
newly installing myth on.

Will chase up on the Fedora side of things

cheers

Dunc