[mythtv-users] [Bulk] Jamu and Fedora 14

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Tue Nov 2 20:38:25 UTC 2010

Duncan,
     It must be the specific xml python library you have installed. Here
is what Ubuntu 10.4 shows:

 > python
Python 2.6.5 (r265:79063, Apr 16 2010, 13:57:41)
[GCC 4.4.3] on linux2
 >>> import xml
 >>> print xml.__version__
41660

So far no one else has reported this issue with trunk or 0.24_fixes.
Tough for Jamu to ensure that the proper python libraries are installed
when a library does not have a way to report its version number.

I had heard a very long while ago that there was an alternate xml
library that would resolve this issue. Unfortunitely that was so long
ago that I do not recall any more details.

Maybe you can look for a newer/alternate xml python library for your distro.

Doug