[mythtv-users] DVB-S: EIT scanner running all the time

Emmanuel eallaud at gmail.com
Fri May 28 12:11:57 UTC 2010

Thomas Börkel a écrit :
> HI!
>
> On 28.05.2010 04:37, Emmanuel wrote:
>

>>> Is it normal that the EIT scan is running every few minutes on all
>>> cards? I can see this with -v eit.
>>>
>>> I have only enabled EIT for one channel, where I do not get xmltv
>>> guide for.
>>>
>>> It seems to work though. I have guide data for 4 days for this channel.
>>>
>>> I think, it would be enough to run every hour or so.
>>>

>> I think that you have a timeout or something approaching somewhere in
>> the config menus (probably in mythv-setup) that can regulate that.
>>

> Yes, there is the idle timeout, before EIT scan starts. It's set to 600.
>
> But on my test system, which has only one dvb card, the settings are the
> same and it does not scan for hours, as I just found out.
>
> The only difference that I see between my test system and the production
> system is the number of dvb cards.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks!

Yes you're right. Well IIRC there is nothing else. You could perhaps
stop it from doing active eit scan (I dont know where is the option if
there is one). The problem is that you would only have passive scanning
which means that you get the EIT only when you are tuned to this channel
for recording, so if you dont tune on a regular basis you will have no eit.
Bye
Manu