[mythtv-users] Firewire recording glitches

Preston Crow pc-mythtv08a at crowcastle.net
Tue May 25 17:05:04 UTC 2010

Comcast recently turned on encryption for the bulk of their channels,
blocking QAM tuners, so my options now are to use the analog output of
the cable box with my PVR-250 or to use Firewire.  They aren't
encrypting Firewire for basic cable channels, so that seems like the
best option.  I've gotten Firewire recording to work.

Unfortunately, when I record with Firewire, I get some digital
drop-outs.  I didn't get them with QAM, so it shouldn't be a
signal-strength issue.

Any suggestions for figuring out the problem and fixing it?  I'm
currently running Linux 2.6.32.7 with the new Firewire driver, but
wouldn't mind upgrading if that would help.