[mythtv-users] MythMusic Interface

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon May 24 21:55:27 UTC 2010

> Hi,
> I know that there is a re-write of the UI for MythMusic. I trust this
> is going well.
> I think my main issue with the application is that it doesnt follow
> the conventions used by TV generally or even Myth within the rest of
> the (core) application.
> If MythMusic UI used the teletext buttons (red, green, yellow, blue)
> instead of 1,2,3 & 4 for navigation I think that would be a simple and
> quick fix.
> Although I guess not all remotes (ones not in the UK!) have these
> buttons; which may have been the reason for not selecting them in the
> first place.

Buttons can be mapped to whatever you want but only to the functionality
that exists in the first place - I think the whole interface is wrong WRT
the rest of MythTV.

When I'm watching a recording, I get to control it using obvious actions
such as pause, play, set bookmark, skip forward and back, fast forwards
and back - some of these actions already exist in the music plugin but
many don't or are useless (skip jumps about 3 seconds forward - not
exactly helpful on a 30 minute talking book track!! and the skip amount
can't be changed).

And what's with the stupid buttons on the screen - I don't know about your
TV but mine isn't a touch screen. I know which button I pressed on the
remote - thats why I pressed it - I don't need a flicker on the screen
that I'm not looking at anyway (I'm looking at the remote remember?).

I'm quite happy with the organisation of tracks and the meta data editing
and display but that remote control interface has got to go!!

Anyway, thats my 2c

Robin Gilks