[mythtv-users] Jamu not working with 0.23

A Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Mon May 24 21:01:07 UTC 2010

Doug,
Please see the info below:

Thanks again for the help.

Regards,
Ash.

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Doug Vaughan <r.d.vaughan at rogers.com>wrote:

> Ash,
>   Lets take a step back as I do not remember how much information we
> exchanged last time. You will need to add the full path to jamu but, from a
> terminal please run
> > ./jamu -v

[root at mythtv scripts]# pwd
/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts
[root at mythtv scripts]# python26 ./jamu.py -v

Title: (JAMU - Just.Another.Metadata.Utility); Version: (v0.7.3); Author:
(R.D.Vaughan)

This python script is intended to perform a variety of utility functions on
mythvideo metadata
and the associated video files.

The primary movie source for graphics and data is themoviedb.com wiki.
The primary TV Series source for graphics and data is thetvdb.com wiki.
Users of this script are encouraged to populate both themoviedb.com and
thetvdb.com with posters,
fan art and banners and meta data. The richer the source the more valuable
the script.

> Assuming you are on MythTV 0.23 or higher also in a terminal do the
> following:
> > python

[root at mythtv scripts]# python26
Python 2.6 (r26:66714, Feb 13 2009, 15:01:48)
>>> import MythTV; MythTV.__version__
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '__version__'

> Ctrl-D to exit python.
>
> In your response supply the following information:
> 1) The version number of Jamu from above and if you are using Mythtv 0.23
> or higher, the response from the python "import MythTV; MythTV.__version__"
> command
> 2) Your Linux distro and its version

CentOS 5 --

[root at mythtv ~]# uname -a
Linux mythtv 2.6.18-164.2.1.el5.plus #1 SMP Fri Oct 9 12:34:43 EDT 2009 i686
athlon i386 GNU/Linux

> 3) The version of MythTV you are running.

[root at mythtv svn]# mythbackend --version
MythTV Version   : 24609
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-23-fixes
Network Protocol : 56
Library API      : 0.23.20100429-1
QT Version       : 4.5.1
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_jack using_backend using_dvb
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg

> 4) Does Jamu run fine from the command line but "hang" ONLY in a cron job?

i always run it as command line, and it fails everytime when i do that

> 5) Did you install Mythbuntu if so then what version and do you subscript
> to the "Daily Builds"?

The theme "mythbuntu" came with my install -- so No, I didn't install it
separately.

> 6) Add a link to a recent Jamu -MWV log. Make sure it will be around for at
> least a week.

2010-05-23 12:36:20.754 Python Database Connection: Using connection
settings from /root/.mythtv/config.xml

Listed below are the types and base directories Jamu will use for
processing.
The list reflects your current configuration for the 'mythtv' back end
and whether a directory is a 'SG' (storage group) or not.
Note: All directories are from settings in the MythDB specific to hostname
(mythtv).
Note: Screenshot directories are not listed as Jamu does not process
Screenshots.
Type: Fan art     - SG-YES - Directory: (/usr/local/media/m1/fanart)
Type: Video       - SG-YES - Directory: (/usr/local/media/m2/videos)
Type: Cover art   - SG-YES - Directory: (/usr/local/media/m1/video_covers)
Type: Banners     - SG-YES - Directory: (/usr/local/media/m3/banners)
If a directory you set from a separate Front end is not displayed it means
that the directory is not accessible from this backend OR
you must add the missing directories using the Front end on this Back end.
Front end settings are host machine specific.

Found movie inetref (10022),[The Pacifier (2005)]

*This was running for over 2 days, and it keeps sitting like this.*

> 7) If you are using trunk resync and compile. Within the last month there
> was an issue with the new trunk python bindings which did not let either
> Jamu or MiroBridge exit from time to time. That has been subsequently fixed.

I am using the 0-23-Fixes (not the trunk version) and I just updated it a
week back...