[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 10.04 + Ion 230 + 1080i + Temporal (2x) = video stutter?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat May 22 17:43:00 UTC 2010

Hi all, similar to the issue Scott <list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc> had
in another thread,
I've got two Nvidia Ion 230 systems and neither seems to be able to
handle 1080i content with the Temporal (2x) filter enabled. I get
stuttery video and lots of pre-buffering pauses.
It seems to be VDPAU,
-both have Mythbuntu 10.04 installed running 0.23 from the mythbuntu
testing repo
-the cpu usage is always below 25% on both machines.
-both machines are connected via 100bT
-neither GPU seems to be getting too hot (one sits at around 36degC
the other at 80degC),
-both have 512MB of memory dedicated to them (2GB total on both machines)
-I've enabled all the xorg.conf options specified in the VDPAU wiki
page as well as the myth settings that are recommended.

If I use the Bob (2x) deinterlacer they work fine, but Temporal (2x)
doesn't, and Advanced (2x) makes it even worse, as is expected.

I don't know what else to try, so I'm seeking some help. Not that Bob
(2x) is that bad, and both are for systems with smaller screens so the
difference is not that noticeable, but still, from what I've seen it
should work so it would be nice to get it to...

thanks!

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!