[mythtv-users] Ubuntu 10.04 / 0.23 upgrade killed VDPAU

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat May 22 03:00:50 UTC 2010

Hi

On 22 May 2010 08:27, Jeremy Garrard <jeremy at thebunnyshed.co.uk> wrote:
> Just to update, I've finally got it working.
> I downloaded the 195.36.24 installer from the nvidia site and ran that.
> Interestingly, it found and removed my old 190 driver which hadn't been
> listed in the hardware drivers display.

I believe your issues are likely related to the split of the vdpau
drivers with the vdpau libraries...

The nvidia drivers install both (for the time being). On ubuntu, you
must install the libvdpau package separately as well as the nvidia
vdpau drivers...

Mythtv only depends on the vdpau libraries, not the drivers. So if you
hadn't installed the drivers, you would get the error you have
reported in your first message