[mythtv-users] MythNetvision

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat May 22 00:17:36 UTC 2010

On 5/21/2010 18:51, Nick Rout wrote:

> buffering 100% of the file and watching it a few days later, maybe
> more than once.

The sites in question require you to play the content through their
official Flash players.  Players that use RTMP streaming will only use a
limited buffer in memory.  Players that use simple file downloads will
download to a temporary file in your cache, which will be deleted when
the player is closed.  While in theory, you could queue up dozens of
players ahead of time, and just let them sit in the background waiting
to be played for days or even weeks, in practice that would just be foolish.