[mythtv-users] MythNetvision

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Fri May 21 22:51:53 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 8:23 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
>> On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 20:41 -0400, Doug Vaughan wrote:
>>> Having written most of the scripts that get content for the
>>> MythtvNetvision plug-in I feel you are underestimating the legal and
>>> technical issues in what you propose. All but a few sites restrict
>>> downloading their content.

There is always some buffering. Where does the line sit:

buffering, say, 5% of the file to achieve smooth playback;

buffering 100% of the file because your net connection is crap;

buffering 100% of the file and watching it 5 minutes after the
download is complete;

buffering 100% of the file and watching it a few days later, maybe
more than once.

>> Arguably "watching" is "downloading".

Constant battle with kids:

me: we are over our monthly download limit, why are you downloading
from youtube?

kid: I'm not downloading, I am just watching.

me: GRRRRRRR