[mythtv-users] Setup with multible DVB-S cards and inputs.

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Fri May 21 04:50:30 UTC 2010

On 20 May 2010 21:04, Per Jørgensen <myth at pbj-design.dk> wrote:
> On 20-05-2010 21:37, Another Sillyname wrote:
>> Per
>> You DON'T want to do it the way you are suggesting.....
>> The reason being that the EIT or listing data has to be collected from
>> each satellite.
>> If I've understood what you've done above you've set up 2 or 4
>> satellites on each source?  If so you may well get conflicts between
>> the EIT data where two different satellites have the same identifiers
>> for some channel combinations.
> Yes I know - But since I made thoose changes in Mythweb - so no conflicting
> channels are there now.
> Since I'm grabbing the listingdata from a outside provider (www.ontv.dk) and
> then put the data into MythTV.
> Just getting the listing data in a XML file - and adding it to MythTV by
> this
> mythfilldatabase --update --file 1 <FILENAME>    puts data in for Listing 1
> mythfilldatabase --update --file 4 <FILENAME>    puts data in for Listing 4
> So not needing the data from the satelite - since I've got better updated
> data from OnTV
>> I would suggest instead dedicate each card to a single satellite and
>> this will ensure that EIT scanning will be localised to that satellite
>> and will allow you to then set the channel number for that card
>> correctly, however keep in mind that even when the channel is not
>> actively 'in use' it's still activerly scanning EIT data, turn on EIT
>> in the logs to see what I mean.
>> Regards
>> ______________
> I've thinked about setting it up this way - but this will take many options
> away from me - while seeing different channels all over the house!
> Got 4 frontends running -. the reason for having so many tuners and mixing
> the setup this way. So setting 1source pr tuner - I'll getting a couple of
> SBE for running all those cards with the same recording options as I got now
> !
> It was allso to hear others meaning about how to set this up!

I'm still not convinced you are not going to have problems at some point ......

Looking at the SQL database table dtv_multiplex

The table fields are labelled....

mplexid  sourceid  transportid  networkid  frequency  inversion
symbolrate fec  polarity  etc....

given that sourceid is the video sources as defined in mythtv-setup I
don't see how you can have multiple satellites on a single sourceid
value without potentially causing conflicts down the line.

If someone else can explain how this would work I'd be grateful to hear it.