[mythtv-users] MythTv 0.23 recording resolution and playback issues

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Wed May 19 17:54:29 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Ebsen, Mike P. <Mike.Ebsen at gd-ais.com> wrote:
> The issue that I have is the apparent behavior differences between the 9.10
> and 10.04 releases.  The 9.10 release produces *.mpg files that are only
> 548x480 while the 10.04 release produces *.mpg files that are 1920x1080 for
> EXTACTLY the same broadcasted content.  The machines are running
> side-by-side.  The user specified configurations look identical for both the
> front and back ends.

Please don't top post or use HTML mark up in your posts to this mailing list.

As for your troubles, have you tried bypassing mythtv and recording
straight from the /dev/video0 device?  The command would be like:

cat /dev/video0 > ~/Desktop/test.mpg
wait 30 seconds and press <ctrl><c> to end recording

That should put a file on your desktop.  Do the test on both of your
installs to see if there is a difference.

-Ryan