[mythtv-users] MythTv 0.23 recording resolution and playback issues

Ebsen, Mike P. Mike.Ebsen at gd-ais.com
Wed May 19 16:00:22 UTC 2010

The issue that I have is the apparent behavior differences between the 9.10 and 10.04 releases.  The 9.10 release produces *.mpg files that are only 548x480 while the 10.04 release produces *.mpg files that are 1920x1080 for EXTACTLY the same broadcasted content.  The machines are running side-by-side.  The user specified configurations look identical for both the front and back ends.

When I examine the recorded *.mpg files using VLC media player, the recorded content from 9.10 is small and properly framed while the 10.04 release has approximately 700 pixels of black border on the left and right edges and approximately 250 pixel on the top and bottom.

I haven't found anything that will explain the apparent differences.