[mythtv-users] View www.sbs.com.au news streams in MythVideo (Australian users)

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed May 19 00:55:32 UTC 2010

On 5/18/2010 19:20, Phill Edwards wrote:
>> You may want to consider rewriting this to be a MythNetvision grabber.  MNV
>> is designed specifically for streaming and downloadable internet content.
>>
>> http://mythtv.org/wiki/MythNetvision_Grabber_Script_Format
>>
> I had a quick look at that. It's probably a good idea, but it looks
> like the scripts have to be writen in python which I don't have a clue
> about.  It would be a lot of work to re-write it to work in MNV
> format. I may have a look one day when I've got nothing else to do!

The scripts can be written in whatever you feel like, so long as it
provides the format as specified by that link I sent.  Most of the
scripts are written in python, as most of them are written by the same
(very prolific) user, Doug Vaughan.  If you look at the existing
grabbers, the 'twit.tv' grabber is written in python.  Looking at your
code, you already have the grabber split off into a separate script, and
even outputting your own XML format.  I doubt it would be difficult to
adapt that into a Tree grabber.