[mythtv-users] Twinhan AD-SP300 (1034) DVB-S CI PCI

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Tue May 18 19:33:53 UTC 2010

I have acquired one of these cards after looking on the wiki.
It is specifically mentioned on this page

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Video_capture_card

and I am sure there was installation information on this page; which is now
missing...
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Twinhan_AD-SP300_(1034)_DVB-S_CI_PCI

Twinhan are no more; their website is missing.

Where as both my other tuner cards (both PCI dual tuner dvb-t) were
immediately detected (the Peak card working in myth by installing the
package on Ubuntu 9.10 "linux-firmware-nonfree").

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Kworld_DVB-T_PC160-2T
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_WinTV_Nova-T_500_PCI

I can access all four tuners in mythbackend setup and with watch tv;
selecting any of the four tuners.

The satellite card however is not given an instance/node by udev, but lspci
reports the card:
#lspci | grep Twinhan
05:00.0 Multimedia controller: Twinhan Technology Co. Ltd Mantis DTV PCI
Bridge Controller [Ver 1.0] (rev 01)

myth at myth-server:/dev/dvb$ ls
adapter0  adapter1  adapter2  adapter3
myth at myth-server:/dev/dvb$ ls adapter0
demux0  dvr0  frontend0  net0
myth at myth-server:/dev/dvb$ ls adapter1
demux0  dvr0  frontend0  net0
myth at myth-server:/dev/dvb$ ls adapter2
demux0  dvr0  frontend0  net0
myth at myth-server:/dev/dvb$ ls adapter3
demux0  dvr0  frontend0  net0

Anyone know how to get this running; anyone have success in the UK with
Freesat? I have found this less than satisfactory snippet on linuxtv
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TwinHan_AD-SP300_(1034)
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-S_PCI_Cards
the second of which states it is unsupported but there are three drivers to
try. What are people using with success?

thanks

Richard