[mythtv-users] UK HDHomeRun+MythTV Success Stories

T.J. Crowder tj at crowder.org
Sun May 16 16:13:07 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Would anyone from the UK like to share their success stories using
HDHomeRun and MythTV?

Background:

I'd like to set up a MythTV DVB-T box, but although I know a bit about
Linux admin, I just do not have the bandwidth to allocate a lot of
time (upfront and ongoing) to keeping the box happy. It needs to be
(nearly) an appliance. Probably for that reason, and partially because
I haven't had a box lying around with a full PCI slot for a
WinTV-NOVA-T (now apparently no longer in production?), I still
haven't done it, largely because I don't want to fiddle with capture
card and remote control issues.

But looking at the HDHomeRun, it seems like one of those (or two; we
run into the two-tuner limit sometimes) plus an existing box I have
would come pretty close to Just Working(tm).

What's your experience, if you have a minute to share?

Thanks,

-- T.J.