[mythtv-users] Problems with vdpau decoding HD content

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Fri May 14 18:14:30 UTC 2010

On May 14, 2010, at 1:40 PM, Scott wrote:
> 3) The ASRock 330 has a CPU fan and there is no indication of overheating. I tried to check the Nvidia GPU temp but received no output. Need to follow up on this.

Every 5.0s: DISPLAY=:0 nvidia-settings -q GPUCoreTemp ...  Fri May 14 14:08:34 2010
Attribute 'GPUCoreTemp' (mythtv:0.0): 89.

This has been slowly rising from 84 degrees to what is shown (89 degrees). Right now it is doing playback of a 720p OTA ATSC stream.I'm not sure, but is this on the warm side? I'm assuming this isn degrees Fahrenheit.

What's the normal temp range for other people after 30minutes of HDTV (720p or 1080i) playback with the VDPAU Normal profile selected?

What's the chipset cut off before it starts to throttle itself to cool down?

--
Scott <catfather at donpoo.net>
AIM: BlueCame1