[mythtv-users] Mythlink and extension

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri May 14 11:31:46 UTC 2010

On 5/14/2010 03:17, Tomi Makinen wrote:
> I have used mythrename to link recordings to dlna-share and I am
> considering to move to use mythlink.
> But I would like to know that how can I make it so that if the
> recording is transcoded, the extension would
> be changed for example to .mp4.

Just like mythrename before it, mythlink.pl does not alter the
extension, it simply uses the extension that was already there.  MythTV
does not have the capability of transcoding to mp4, so you'll have to do
so externally.

MythTV does not do any reprocessing when recording from digital tuners.
It simply stores the mpeg2 in a ts directly to the hard drive, the same
exact content that is broadcast to it, and the same exact content that
the Bravia is able to decode from its own tuner.  It makes no sense that
the Bravia would be incapable of playing back that content over DLNA.