[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun like device for analog?

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu May 13 13:19:09 UTC 2010

> Older machines often have 3 or more PCI slots though, and they are available
> used or refurbished fairly cheaply.

I haven't found searching for PCs with 3 PCI slots particularly easy,
but they are out there.

A few follow up questions. I found a refurbished dual port HDHomeRun for
$99, which seems like a decent deal. If I add an HDHomeRun to my
existing system that has 3 PCI tuners for recording analog, would I add
another channel lineup for the digital channels available on the
HDHomeRun? Will I still be able to go through the normal process, either
on the frontend or mythweb for setting up recording schedules?

Also, for a recording done from the HDHomeRun, will all of my standard
frontends be able to play the video, or will it need to be transcoded