[mythtv-users] Problems with vdpau decoding HD content

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Thu May 13 05:14:40 UTC 2010

This is a general query to help me with my troubleshooting of a playback problem on my FE.

I have an ASRock 330 ION loaded with Mythbuntu 10.04 and the 0.23-fixes SVN 24572. The system uses the VDPAU Normal profile and is configured for 512MB of GPU RAM in BIOS.

Playback with both recorded 720p and 1080i (OTA ATSC from a HDHR) shows seems to run into a glitch. The show starts off fine and pausing, FF/RW, and commercial skip all work fine. At some point, usually 12-30 minutes, the video starts jumping and sometimes the audio too. I see "prebuffering pause" messages logged in mythfrontend.log.

To resolve the problem I have to reboot the system. To be sure, the following does NOT resolve the problem:

1) pause/unpause the show
2) stop/start playback again
3) exit mythfrontned and start mythfrontend again
4) exit X11 and start it again

Thoughts? Is anyone else having trouble with vdpau and HD recordings on 0.23?

Scott <catfather at donpoo.net>
AIM: BlueCame1